August 15, 2017
CALLING ALL ACTIVISTS.
Have you been involved with Planned Parenthood Great Plains’ volunteer advocacy and activism opportunities for at least six months? Do you want to grow your organizing abilities and learn more about how to build power for social progress?
PPGP is proud to announce the I Stand With PP Organizing Summit hosted in Kansas City in mid-September. Eligible participants will receive a scholarship to attend this weekend-long conference. More details coming soon – register today.
Mid Mo Pride
Reproductive Justice Film Screening and Panel in Columbia
Join Planned Parenthood Great Plains as we partner with ReproAction to watch and discuss ” Death by Delivery” a film about the disproportionate rates of infant and maternal mortality among black women in America. The film and discussion will take place on August 29th from 6-8pm at Leadership Auditorium on Mizzou’s campus. Contact Cortney at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
4. Call your representatives and senators ( use this handy script here!) and tell them not to support any bill or measure that would defund Planned Parenthood or compromise the health, safety or access to our patients.
July 5, 2017
Governor Greitens continues on his path to do everything possible to gut women’s healthcare. Let him and your
electeds know how you feel about that.
Thanks for your help.
$20K Per Day to Play Politics With Women’s Health? Enough is enough!
Governor Eric Greitens has called lawmakers to return to Jefferson City for an extreme, unnecessary, $20,000-per-day special session. The goal? To cater to anti-reproductive health extremists by passing more laws restricting Missourians’ access to health care.
What could $20,000 pay for?
- A well-woman exam for 100 patients
- One month of birth control pills for 800 patients
- A cancer screening for 66 patients
- STI testing and treatment for 160 patients
- Long-acting, reversible contraception (e.g., an IUD) for 20 patients
- 800 hours of comprehensive sex education
Had enough of your elected officials playing politics with women’s health? Make your voice heard — call your senator and Gov. Greitens and tell them enough is enough!