Heartland Alliance for Progress is partnering with Missouri Jobs with Justice and Clean Missouri to gather signatures for a democracy reform ballot initiative to let the voters decide in November, 2018, if they want to limit the influence of money and lobbyists in politics in Missouri, end gerrymandering, and make the proceedings of the Missouri Legislature available to the public. We also get signatures for ending the Right to Work for Less.
The Heartland Alliance for Progress will not be meeting in December.
Starting in January, 2018, our regular monthly meeting time will switch to the 4TH MONDAY OF THE MONTH. January 22, 2018, our speaker, Jeremy LaFaver, with the Campaign for Tax Fairness will talk about “Creating Prosperity Through Tax Fairness.” Tax policy is at the heart of running a just and equitable government that serves all the people. In Missouri we are on the verge of a fiscal crisis, but there are also new opportunities…come learn more.
The Heartland Alliance for Progress inspires, informs, and mobilizes Kansas City area residents in support of progressive causes and candidates.
How to Contact Your Elected Officials.
Sign up for Team Claire by emailing your contact information to TeamClaire@clairemccaskill.com and you will be contacted by their office when the campaign ramps back up!
Trump’s lawsuits, settled and ongoing: http://www.usatoday.com/pages/interactives/trump-lawsuits/
Who is lobbying whom in Jeff City: http://www.lobbyingmissouri.org
- We believe in equal rights for EVERYONE, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, ability
- Economic justice – good jobs for all, equal pay, paid leave, bargaining rights, fairness in lending
- Educational opportunity
- Quality, affordable health care
- Environmental justice and reversing climate change
- Comprehensive immigration reform
- A free press and factual reporting
- Fair and inclusive elections
- The right to be safe from gun violence
- Safe, affordable and adequate housing
- Equal and restorative justice in the criminal justice system
- Ending police brutality
- Reproductive rights … and much more!